In these booking conditions “You” or “Your” means the person named in the confirmation invoice. “We” or “Us” means Glenferness Estate. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before making your booking.
1. Your booking
- Your contract with us will begin when we issue you with your confirmation invoice. Your contract with us will be on the terms set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- We may offer you the option of provisionally holding a booking if you contact us by telephone or email. We will let you know how long we are able to provisionally hold your booking for when you contact us. If you do not confirm your booking by that time, the accommodation will be released for general sale.
- All bookings are formally confirmed when we issue you with your confirmation invoice. Your confirmation invoice will set out the accommodation you have booked, the dates of your booking, the total amount payable for your booking and the dates on which payments are due. We will issue you with your confirmation invoice by email.
- You, as the person making the booking, will be responsible for all members of your party. You, as the person in charge of your party, must be at least 21 years old at the time of the booking.
2. Paying for your accommodation
- For bookings made more than 6 weeks in advance, you must pay us 50% of the total amount payable at the time of booking. We must then receive the balance by the date set out in your confirmation invoice (which will generally be 6 weeks before the start of your stay).
- For bookings made less than 6 weeks in advance of your stay, you must pay us 100% of the total amount at the time of booking.
- If you do not make any payment by the date it is due, we will send you a reminder by email or by post. If you fail to make the relevant payment within 14 days of the date it is due, we will assume that you wish to cancel your booking. If this happens, your booking will be cancelled and the cancellation charges set out in Section 4 (“if you want to cancel your booking”) will apply.
- No charge applies for payment made by credit/debit card.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw a promotional offer at any time by amending or removing details of these offers from the relevant sections of our website.
3. Pricing for our accommodation
- We periodically review and amend the prices we charge for our accommodation. For the most up to date pricing information please check our website or call us on +44(0)1309 651 382. We will confirm the price of your accommodation at the time you make your booking and in your confirmation invoice.
- All prices given include VAT. If the VAT rates change, we reserve the right to change our prices accordingly. VAT invoices can be provided on request.
- All prices given on our website, super control or by telephone include all charges for water, gas, electricity and oil.
4. If you want to cancel
- Your contract with us is a contract for the provision of leisure accommodation on a specific date or dates and this means that you do not benefit from a “cooling off” period. We do, however, offer you the right to cancel your contract subject to the provisions of this Section 4.
- If you wish to cancel a confirmed booking you must let us know in writing as soon as possible. Your booking will be cancelled with effect from the day we receive your email.
- In the event of any cancellations, we will endeavour to re-let the accommodation. If successful the balance of the cost will either not be due, or if already paid, will be refunded minus a 10% admin fee.
- The closer your cancellation is to the start of your booking, the less likely we are to recover the cost of your booking by re-selling your accommodation.
- If the Estate is unable to re-let the accommodation booked no refund will be due.
5. If you want to change the booking
- If you want to change any detail of your confirmed booking you must let us know by telephone or email as soon as possible.
- Whilst we will do our best to accommodate you, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet any request for changes.
6. If we need to change or cancel the booking
- We do not expect to have to make changes to your booking, however, sometimes problems happen and bookings have to be changed or cancelled. We will only change or cancel your booking if necessary to perform or complete essential remedial or refurbishment works or for other reasons unforeseen at the time you made your booking which are beyond our reasonable control.
- If we do need to change or cancel your booking, we will do our best to offer you a suitable alternative booking. If we are not able to offer you a suitable alternative, or if you do not accept the alternative we offer, we will refund you the total amount you have paid us for the booking.
- If we do need to change or cancel your booking under this Section 6, we will only be responsible for foreseeable losses that you suffer as a result of that change or cancellation and we will not be responsible for any unforeseeable losses you suffer as a result of that change or cancellation. A loss is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our change or cancellation of your booking or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you, all members of your party and any pets have the relevant travel and health documents and requirements needed for visiting the country in which a Property is located. These include any passport or other identification documents, visa requirements and, in the case of pets, any vaccines or microchips. We will not be liable for any expenses incurred resulting from your missing, incomplete or incorrect documentation or any non-compliance with such requirements.
- You are strongly advised to take out adequate travel insurance prior to departing for your holiday to cover the loss or damage to personal effects and the cost of cancellation due to illness, weather or transport etc. Our cottages are fully insured, but we cannot be held liable for any loss or damage to your property, or any injury caused through your or your party’s personal negligence. It is your responsibility to check that your insurance cover is adequate.
7. Visitor standards and behaviour
- You must only use the accommodation for the purposes of your holiday. You must not use the accommodation for any other purpose, including any business purposes, without our prior written consent.
- You must keep the accommodation and its contents clean and tidy and leave them in the same condition as when you arrived.
- You must not use the accommodation, or allow it to be used, for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities. You must not cause any nuisance or annoyance to any neighbours or anyone else during your stay.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of your accommodation. You and your party must not smoke inside your accommodation. You and your party must not use candles, fireworks or Chinese lanterns at your accommodation. You and your party must not use a barbecue at your accommodation unless we have provided one.
- You must tell us at time of booking if you wish to bring your pet to one of our properties. Please do not bring dogs to our properties that are not dog friendly. Assistance dogs are permitted at our properties; however, you must notify us at the time of booking if you wish to bring an assistance dog with you.
- Dogs are permitted in the cottages’ public rooms where there is hard cover flooring. Please do not allow pets upstairs on the beds or on other furniture. Pets should never be left unattended in the property or outside, and they must be on a lead at all times especially if they tend to chase or run off as there is quite often sheep and pheasants on the grounds. We also ask that you clean up their mess if on a path, near to a building or on a mowed lawn. Please do not leave dogs unattended in the property. Dogs are not permitted in the studio.
- If you have an allergy to dogs, please be aware that we cannot guarantee that any dog has not stayed in a particular Property recently. We cannot accept responsibility for any suffering which may occur as a result of such animals having been present in a Property.
- We provide a dog bowl for your pet but please ensure that you bring any dog bedding, dog cage or toys.
9. Maximum occupancy for your accommodation
- You must ensure that the maximum number of persons occupying the accommodation does not exceed the maximum occupancy limits set out on our website.
- We set maximum occupancy limits in line with the facilities and equipment available and in order to comply with applicable health and safety and regulatory requirements.
- As such, we reserve the right to require you to leave the premises (without any compensation) if you exceed the maximum occupancy limits as described in this Section 8.
- An exception might be for a cot to sleep a baby or toddler. To discuss this further please don’t hesitate to make contact either by phone or email.
10. Damage to the accommodation or its contents
- If you discover that anything is missing or damaged on arrival at your accommodation you must notify us immediately on 01309651382 or 01309651202. If you do not notify us we will assume that you caused the relevant damage or loss.
- Please report to us as soon as possible any breakages or damage caused by you during the Holiday Period. We reserve the right to recharge for any missing items, damage or breakages caused by either you or members of your party.
11. If you have a problem or complaint
- We take care to ensure that our accommodation is of a high standard. However, if you have any problems with your accommodation, please contact us immediately and give us the opportunity to resolve it. Please contact the Estate office by telephone on +44(0)1309 651 382 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to ensure that any complaints are investigated and resolved as promptly and efficiently as possible.
- Please note that we will not tolerate any written, verbal or physical abuse towards any of our staff or representatives.
12. Our rights of access
- Our staff or contractors may need to access your accommodation if there is an unforeseen problem, to investigate a complaint you have made, or to perform certain routine property checks. If this happens, we will do our best to let you know in advance of the date and time that we will need access.
- If your stay with us lasts more than seven days we will provide a complimentary linen change. Our staff will need to access the accommodation in order to perform this service.
- If we do need to access your accommodation for any reason we will always try to access the property at reasonably convenient times (other than in the event of an emergency).
13. Our right to evict
- We may terminate our contract with you and ask you to leave your accommodation immediately (without any compensation being payable). If:
- (a) We consider that you or your party have committed a serious breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- (b) We consider that you or your party’s behaviour endangers the safety of our visitors or staff;
- (c) Any complaints are made of anti-social or unacceptable behaviour against you or your party;
- (d) You or your party cause an unreasonable amount of damage to the property or its contents;
- (e) You exceed the maximum occupancy limit for your accommodation.
14. Our liability to you
- If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is foreseeable as a result of our breach of these Terms and Conditions or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to limit our liability for:
- (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on our part; or
- (c) any breach of the terms implied by Section 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
- Glenferness Estate do not warrant and is not responsible for the accuracy of any verbal information given or statements made by its staff or agents.
15. Events beyond our control
- We will not be responsible for any failure to perform our obligations under these Terms and Conditions that is caused by an event outside our control.
- An event outside our control means any act or event that is beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, strikes or industrial action by third parties, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat of war, civil commotion, riot invasion, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
- During, or as a result of exceptional weather or similar conditions we cannot be held responsible for the failure of essential services such as electricity, heating and water supply. However, in such circumstances we will do everything possible to minimise any inconvenience caused.
16. Some practical information for your stay
- Your check-in and departure times will be set out in your confirmation invoice. Normally, check-in is available from 4pm on the first day of your stay and departure is required before 10am on the last day of your stay. If you do not leave the accommodation by the required departure time we reserve the right to charge you a late checkout fee to cover any costs we incur.
- Please ensure that any neighbouring property is respected and that noise levels are kept to a minimum between 10pm and 8am.
- If you leave any of your possessions behind at your accommodation, please contact us as soon as possible. We reserve the right to charge you for any storage and delivery costs that we incur in relation to your lost property. We will hold all lost property for six months, after which it will be disposed of.
- Balintore Cottage is located down a forestry track. The other 4 properties are located down the Glenferness driveway which is reasonably steep. In winter when there’s potential for ice and snow we advise you have a 4×4 or snow tyres to reach the properties.
- Bats and other wildlife may be present at some of our properties. Any disturbance caused by wildlife should be reported to us immediately and reasonable steps will then be taken to assist. Please remember that bats are a protected species and it is illegal to interfere with them or their habitat.
- If you wish to use the on-site squash court/games room please make sure you respect the equipment that is available and tidy up before leaving. This is all included in the price.
- A more in-depth book of rules, information and things to do will be found available in each property.
- Electricity, heating and logs for the fire will all be included in the price.
- The properties should be left in the same condition as you found them. It would be greatly appreciated if beds that were used could be stripped and used towels put into a pile ready for the cleaners. Kitchenware is to be put away clean and dry before departure.
- Recycling bins are available at the end of the driveway for the purpose of general rubbish and general recyclables. For glass recycling you must drive to Ferness village where the bottle banks can be found on the Forres side of the cross roads next to the village hall.
18. Data Protection
- If you wish to alter the way we communicate to you at any time you can write to the address below or send an email to email@example.com or telephone +44(0)1309 651 382.
19. Changes to these Terms & Conditions
- Glenferness Estate reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website.